Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Favorite Artist - Tim Burton


My absolute favorite artist is Tim Burton. He can produce visually stunning movies but his art is something that is so dark and fun ITS JUST AMAZING. Yes, I am going to do my project on him but I thought lets do a short blog post on his works so I can mentally prepare your for the ausomness that is his work.

This is one of my favorites by him called Romeo and Juliet, the colors are stunning and the contemporary take on forbidden love is great. 

His pieces are rich with color and so disturbingly beautiful - if I could be in anyones head for 30 seconds it would be his, I think he is a genius in film and art.


This one reminds me of a take on the classic Mona Lisa but Burton style

Of course when his exhibit was featured in the MoMa I had to go! Every detail in the exhibit was magnificent. From the entry way featured above to the blown up creature inspired by one his paintings below.  It was unbelievable.

I will go more into his works when I feature him in class but I thought I would give you a teaser. Did you see his exhibit in the MoMa?

1 comment:

  1. Your Tim Burton blog has totally redeemed you!
    This is such good work. And I love burton
    You did a good job. Your presentation will be good too!
    10 points

    ReplyDelete