Monday, April 2, 2012

Art Pieces from 1950-1985


There is just something about Andy Warhol that amazes me. The fact that someone can take a well known picture or a piece of a figure of history and turn it into something amazing just fascinates me. The colors he uses in the picture above "Marilyn Monroe" just pop of the screen. The way he makes the eyeshadow stand out and even the the blonde in her hair just blows me away. He really uses the colors to define her features. This to me shows a lot of skill to know what colors will stand out. 




Ahhhh, one of my favorite artists was working during this time. Jackson Pollock a god among art (in my opinion). Autumn Rythm shown above is a classic example of his typical work. The way he lays out his "careless" strokes is so calculated that it creates a beautiful mess. Seeing his work in person is something that just takes your breath away. I know that sounds so weird but I actually stood in awe and in admiration at the detail and the splatter behind every Pollock.



   Chuck Close really changes things in my mind. Photorealism is something that I wish I could do. The detail and skill behind is portraits is actually disturbingly real. Every shadow on the skin and crease in his facial features just goes to show the amount of skill the man had. His self portrait above is one of his many works that you could hold it up to a picture and have trouble spotting the differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment